Thursday, March 24, 2011

Journal 42: Whitman vs. Dickinson

Ok, so I hate both Whitman and Dickinson so preferably I would rather not read any of their poetry but I guess for the sake of this journal I'm going to have to pick the lesser of both evils and i would have to go with Dickinson because the fiery passion of my hate for Whitman is barely able to be contained. So yeah if having to choose I would have to go for Dickinson. They were both considered to be insane at the time and I don't know why anybody likes them now but hey whatever I guess it just further talks to my theory of human de-evolution and the decline of intelligence of humanity, but hey whatever. I mean her poems aren't that bad I guess but she was still an insane old cat lady who lived out in the woods all by herself so that couldn't have been healthy for her state of being or anything along those lines. Some of her poems aren't that bad and are somewhat enjoyable but they are still not very good and I just detest poetry as a whole if it's not modern or in some lyrics. I mean I freaking love Robert Smith and he is a modern day poet. I just sort of detest the whole old age poetry except for Dark Romanticism because that was some pretty dark and creepy stuff and I really enjoyed some of that. Otherwise however I'm not a really big fan of poetry as a whole unles it is from this day and age or it is all dark and kind of explores the whole of human psychology in an interesting and unique way. These are just some of my opinions and what not so I guess you shouldn't be too mad at me for hating on poetry and stuff cuz it just isn't for me but I feel very strongly about it so that's me and you should not judge your opinions on poetry or anything so yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment