Friday, April 1, 2011

Job Shadowing

All in all my job shadowing experience was pretty awesome. I had to go to the Illinois State Police Central HQ and followed a trooper around for the day and she explained to us some of the interworkings of police work and how you became a police officer and what sort of opportunities you had once you graduated from the police academy. All of that was pretty interesting but sadly we didn't get to go much into forensics which was what I assumed we would be talking about, but it turned out for the best really and I had a fantastic time while there. It did clear up what was required to became a state police forensics investigator and I know that I won't be going into that field, I will just be a civilian forensic analyst. Getting through the police academy sounds like a brutal 6 months and I don't think I would enjoy having to go through that, so I don't think I'll be joining the state police anytime soon, however I am still interested in going into forensics. Overall I was very impressed by what I saw on my experience especially when we got to go into the Illinois State police evidence vault and saw about half a billion dollars worth of drugs. It was insane in there. But, I digress despite not seeing any forensics work I still really enjoyed my time shadowing the state trooper and learned a lot of policework.

No comments:

Post a Comment