Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Journal #4: My opinion on long trips

I actually just got back from a two week trip in Ireland in early August. We were gone from our house for around two weeks and traveled around Ireland. I usually like most vacations and this was one of the best vacations I have ever taken but after being away for so long it is a very draining experience. Long trips are always very fun at first, but near the end you are very drained and get homesick. In my opinion the length of a perfect trip would be just over one week around maybe eight or nine days. And by the end of the trip if you are stuck with a large group of people then by the end you are kind of sick of hanging out with them. Despite living with your family after being couped up with your family in tiny hotel rooms it can be a bit agitating as the trips nears it's end. Being in a car for long periods of time is also very fatiguing. Especially when you are the one driving the car by the end of the time you get there you are just ready to hit the hay and not do much else. Thankfully I wasn't the one driving while we were in Ireland so I didn't have to deal with such an issue but still being couped up in a car with MY family for so long did have a bit of a lasting affect on my mental state. I still haven't fully recovered from my time overseas. But for the most part the longs trips are very enjoyable especially if you go somewhere that you enjoy. For the most part Ireland was awesome but near the end me and my entire family were ready to go home, despite this though we would all love to go back there at one time or another because of how fascinating a country it is. That's my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment