Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Journal #9: Organized Religion

Organized religion is a pretty broad spectrum of religions. All the branches of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Shinto, and Pastafarianism are just a few examples. My favorite religion is Pastafairanism. They believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and they don't worship him but they believe he is there. Also they think pirates are good for the environment and help bring down global warming. They dress as pirates on National Dress Like a Pirate Day and believe this will help to end Global Warming. I find this to be the most entertaining religion aside from Scientology of course. THEY believe that the Dark Lord Xenu brought all the aliens down from space a few billion years ago and put them all on earth, gathered them around volcanoes, and dropped Hydrogen bombs on them and their spirits (Thetans) now wander the earth inhabiting human's and this is what causes emotions and all that good stuff. Now Pastafarianism is a joke religion that just pokes fun at Christianity and all those other religions, but sadly enough Scientology is actually real and people believe in it. That too me is just the most entertaining aspect of the religion and I find that just so entertaining it's not even funny. I'm personally not a fan of organized religion but hey whatever floats peoples boats and as long as they don't try and shove their belief's down my throat I'm all good with whatever they feel like believing. I think I'm going to be converting to Pastafarianism pretty soon. They seem like a fun religion and I hear they give great Dental coverage. Anyway that's just my personal take on some of the more ridiculous organized religions in the world. Also in regards to Scientology it should be noted that the founder of the religion stated on more than one occasion that the best way to make money is to create a religion and suprise, suprise he made a religion. Isn't that just a little bit coincidental?

3 comments:

  1. It is a little bit coincidental. I appreciate the fact the you have taken the time out of your busy day to write down your thoughts about organized religion. You write like someone who enjoys writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fascinating Nance. I now know just exactly how psychotic Tom Cruise is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get daily ideas and instructions for earning $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete