Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal #7: Superstitions

I'm not a very superstitious person. I guess I believe in good and bad luck to an extent but not like the whole going under ladders and breaking glass and stuff. That kind of seems like a stereotype of luck. I feel racist talking about luck like that because everybody thinks about that kind of stuff when they talk about luck and I'm not like that, but anyway I digress back to the luck thing. I'm Irish so I believe in the luck of the Irish and the fact that four leaf clovers are good luck. I guess my thing is I believe in all the good luck things about luck but not the bad things. I don't believe that going under ladders is a bad thing or that breaking a mirror is a bad thing, nor that black cats are bad luck. I do however believe in the luck of the Irish, four-leaf clovers, and finding a penny head side up is good luck (I actually have a collection of all the pennies I have ever found that were heads up.) I'm selective in my superstitious beliefs. I don't believe in ghosts or witches or anything stupid like that either. I'm a very scientific man and don't believe in any of that superstitious stuff. Except for the fact that Ninjas are all around us at any given time. But that isn't even a superstition that's a cold hard fact. Seriously ninjas are all around us, in fact I am even a half-ninja by blood. That means I'm able to see all my full blooded ninjas. Little known fact, you have one in the far corner of your room. He likes it there and finds the temperature to be very nice. His name is Greg and although you are a pirate he doesn't have any bad blood against you. It's just a stereotype that all ninjas hate pirates and he doesn't like it when people assume he is prejudice against pirates because some of his best friends are pirates.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for noticing Greg. Because of his ninja stealth, not many people realize he is there.

    ReplyDelete