Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Journal #10: Science Vs. Religion

In this corner weighing a hefty 6.022 x10 to the 23rd it's Sciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiience. And in the other corner weighing an entire 5000 lbs times i it's Religioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. Ok now that the goofy intro is out of the weigh I'll talk about my views on Science and Religion. I'm a pretty big Science guy so I'm a fan of Science in this debate. It's kind of a touchy subject for a lot of people and my parents have always told me that religion, along with politics, is something that you just never discuss with people and whatnot. Personally I think a lot of the stuff in religion is totally unbelievable and can be dis-proven with religion. Like the fact that the Bible says that the Earth is only 6000 years old is obviously false and can be easily dis-proven with carbon dating and the awesomeness that is Science. That's just my opinion though and I find a lot of that stuff to be false with the help of science. The fact remains however that back then they didn't really have as much information on the world as we do now and what we now regard as foolish was the only explanation for things back then and they regarded that as true. What we now see as stupid and unbelievable was the only thing they could come up with back then and they didn't have anywhere near as good of a scientific. Old stories about religion like the Greek Gods and stuff in the bible or the Quaran can be disproved using Science and I think that the clear victor in this battle is Science. Science is emerging as a very powerful force in the world and in the coming years I think that we can use science to prove and disprove just about anything, including religion. That's my take on the whole battle between religion and Science. It's a really controversial topic however and alot of the stuff I talked about isn't really right to bring up in normal conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment