Friday, October 1, 2010

Journal #11: Ethics and Values

Ethics and values are important things to a person. Values are a very important thing to a person's integrity. A person's values tell a lot about that person. The things they value can define and craft their personality. If somebody values their religion then they are most likely a very religious person and are defensive for their beliefs. Good morals are also very important for a person. Morals are good to have and what not and they keep you going down the right path and all of that good stuff I guess. I really have somewhat of a hazy definition of morals and ethics and values and things of that nature so I'm not the best person to write about this stuff but hey whatever. Good morals keep a person straight and down the right path and bad morals will supposedly lead them down the road to sex, drugs, and Satan....or something along those lines at least. I dunno I don't really have a set of morals more just a list or guideline things going on. I guess that's the same thing really but I just don't like the word morals. It's such a righteous term and in all honesty I'm not a very righteous person. I mean I'm good but morals just seems like something for a paragon and I'm definitely NOT a paragon. I mean I'm by no means like a Pariah or anything but morals just seems all morally uncorruptable to me. That's just me though and I'm pretty weird with stuff like that. I dunno I just don't like morals. Strict or loose guidelines just seems like a better term for a guy like me. That's just my take on the whole situation however and like I said I'm kind of weird when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe I'm just over Analyzing the whole issue and I should just use the term morals more loosely but for now I'll just stick with my guidelines if it pleased the judges and that'll be that. The paragons can keep their morals.

No comments:

Post a Comment