Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Journal #12: Working With A Partner

Comradery! WOOOO. Who doesn't love working with a partner? Me that's who. I really am not a fan of working with other people one important projects or assignments or anything like that. I'm a loner and I just find working by myself to be a lot easier because then I can just plug in my iPod and work at my leisure while relaxin to my music at the same time. That's my take on working with a partner and I can understand why some would want to work with a friend on something but that kind of thing just isn't for me. On something similar to a high priority project some people think working with a partner is good because then you both split the weight 50 50 and it becomes much easier on you as opposed to you taking the entire project on by yourself, but even then if you are paired with somebody lazy then you might be deducted points because their section sucks and yours is good. It's not fair in the same case if you do most of the work and the partner does almost nothing and you both get an A. Also I've found that when working with a partner in class time or something you are a lot less likely to get any work done and instead just talk with them for the majority of the class and end up not getting any work done. Also when working with a partner what usually happens is that you split the worksheet back and front with one person doing each side. Then it ends up that you only learn half of what's on the worksheet and the other person learns their side. That's why in my opinion it is better just working by yourself as opposed to working with a friend or partner because you get a lot more done as a loner and you learn more. That's just my take on things though and I'm sure that some people would disagree with me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like working with partners either for pretty much the same reasons you said. I like to be able to work at my own pace and not have to worry about how other people are going to mess up your project.

    ReplyDelete