Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Journal #15: My favorite band

I have a lot of favorite bands. I really can't narrow it down to just one band so I'll just write about numerous bands that I list as my favorites. I have way to many bands on my computer. I have about 10000 songs and 500 or more bands on my computer. I have so many favorites out of them it's not even funny. Some of my favorite bands are Periphery, Gorillaz, Middle Class Rut, At the Drive-In, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, The Mars Volta, 65daysofstatic, Maybeshewill, Fellsilent, and quite a few more. I love all of these bands and probably a few more than others. My favorite progressive Rock band would probably be The Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree. Prog Metal would be awarded to Protest the Hero. Instrumental Rock would be 65daysofstatic. Right now I guess my absolute favorite band out of all of these would be Middle Class Rut. They're really awesome and the band only consists of two guys. One of them is on vocals and guitar and the other rocks out on the drums. They've been around for a while and opened for bands like The Receiving End of Sirens (one of my other favorite bands) and Them Crooked Vultures. They just released their first full LP called No Name No Color. It's ridiculously good and I can't stop listening to them. My best friend in Arizona told me about them after he went to a free show they put on and said they were one of the best shows he has ever been to and he's been to a pretty impressive list of shows. So I checked them out and I instantly fell in love with them. So yeah right now I'm going through a Middle Class Rut phase and would call them my favorite band at the moment. Protest the Hero would probably win second place for favorites I guess. They're pretty awesome and they put on awesome live shows. Oh I forgot to mention Between the Buried and Me and Mastodon who are other favorites of mine. I saw them live sometime last year and it was an awesome show.

No comments:

Post a Comment